To have the energy needed to get your body physically ready, nutrition is very important. Find a nutrition program that works for you to gain the most energy while preparing for your future.
Recommended Diet Plan
SBCoFire Tower Physical Standards
Once you are successful in the selection process for firefighter/paramedic, you will start the Tower (SBCoFire’s Fire Academy). The following information is provided to help you prepare for the Tower.
Main workouts will include:
Standard to Complete Physical Training Program (PT Final)
- 1.5 mile run in a time of 10:35 or less
- 40 sit-ups in 60 seconds or less
- 25 pushups in 60 seconds or less
- Pull-ups, based on body weight
- More than 170 lbs. = 4 pull-ups
- 135-169 lbs. = 5 pull-ups
- 110- 134 lbs. = 6 pull-ups
- Less than 110 lbs. = 7 pull-ups