Firefighter/Firefighter Paramedic Positions
Firefighter or Firefighter Paramedic Job Description
Under general supervision, performs a full range of firefighting duties to include the suppression of various types of fires, emergency medical services, fire training, prevention and public relations activities, fire station, equipment and apparatus maintenance; performs related duties as required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and have graduated from High School or equivalent at time of application
- Must possess and maintain a valid class State of California "C" Driver's License
- Requires a recent DMV H6 Printout
- Passing certification for Biddle Ability Test dated in last 12 months at time of application or Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT)
Requirements that May Change Based on Recruitment Needs
- California State Fire Marshals (SFM) Firefighter I (FFI) Certificate or California State Fire Marshal accredited Firefighter Academy
- Must possess and maintain a California State EMT or Paramedic License
- Must possess and maintain ICEMA Paramedic Accreditation at time of appointment
- Current CPR and ACLS Certification
Health and Physical Condition
Persons seeking appointment to this class must meet the safety health and physical condition standards deemed necessary and proper for performance of the duties established by the San Bernardino County Fire Department.